Friday 20 July 2012

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos are considered more "Tex Mex" than Mexican, being an invention of one Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya, a restaurateur serving American servicemen in the 1940s. At their essence, they are simply a layer of tortilla chips with melted cheddar cheese and jalapeño peppers. Unfortunately, the sports stadium concessionaires got a hold of the nachos idea and ruined it by using melted, processed Velveeta cheese, instead of real cheddar. So now, many people think that that's what nachos are. How distressing! Nachos are all about the ingredients - the best tortilla chips, freshly made refried pinto beans, grated cheddar cheese, jalapeño peppers, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and fresh cilantro.

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

Nachos

1 comment:

  1. Hi Farrukh,

    I just finished creating an infographic that I think is a good fit for your readers on Superfoods Masala.

    It's called "7 Superfoods That Help You Live Longer." You can see it here.

    I wanted to get in touch because while researching, I read the post you wrote about Superfoods, so I wanted to get in touch to see if you'd like to use my infographic, too.

    I put HTML code that you can copy and paste below the image to make it easy to put on your site. If you'd like a different size, please let me know and I'll make it for you.

    Thank you!

    ~ Melanie

    ReplyDelete